The curriculum at Heath Primary School is a broad and balanced, knowledge and skills based curriculum that has a creative edge. The school uses the Cornerstone Education scheme as its basis with sections added to follow 2014 Guidelines and the high expectations of staff and governors. It is based on 4 areas of pedagogy: engage, develop, innovate and express.
- Hook learners in with a memorable experience.
- Set the scene and provide the context.
- Ask questions to provoke thought and interest.
- Provoke curiosity using interesting starting points.
- Teach knowledge for depth of understanding.
- Demonstrate new skills and allow time for consolidation.
- Provide creative opportunities for making and doing.
- Deliver reading, writing and talk across the curriculum.
- Provide imaginative scenarios that provoke creative thinking.
- Enable and assess the application of previously learned skills.
- Encourage enterprise and independent thinking.
- Encourage reflective talk by asking questions.
- Provide opportunities for shared evaluation.