175 g (6 oz) Self Raising Flour
pinch salt and pepper
1 x 2.5 ml spoon (½ tsp) mustard powder
25 g (1 oz) margarine
75 g (3 oz) cheese, grated
1 medium egg
2 x 15 ml spoon (2 tbsp) milk
1. Heat oven to 220ºC, 425ºF, Gas Mark 7. Grease a baking tray.
2. Mix flour and seasonings, rub in margarine. Stir in cheese, reserving a little for the top.
3. Mix to a soft dough with the egg and milk, reserving a little for glazing.
4. Roll out to a round 1.5 cm (½ inch) in thickness and cut into 8 triangles.
5. Place on the baking tray and brush with egg and milk and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until light brown.