100 g (4 oz) margarine
50 g (2 oz) plain chocolate
175 g (6 oz) dark soft brown sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
1 x 2.5 ml spoon (½ tsp) vanilla essence
100 g (4 oz) Self Raising Flour
A pinch salt
50 g (2 oz) chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Grease a tin 28 x 18 cm (11 x 7 inch).
2. Melt the margarine and chocolate over hot water. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Stir in sugar and add eggs, mixed with vanilla essence.
4. Mix in flour, salt and nuts.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for about 25-30 minutes until top is crispy and the inside soft.
6. Leave in the tin until cold before cutting into squares.