Lunchtime Play Policy
Our intention is that during the designated lunch break children will have a safe, happy and worthwhile break from school teaching sessions in the middle of the day. The experience should be positive and pupils will be supported by a Senior midday supervisor, play worker and a team of midday supervisors with a member of SLT being available in school or out on duty.
· To ensure that all children feel safe and valued.
· To create an enjoyable and calm lunchtime environment.
· To promote the schools PHSE and Healthy Schools programme through the attitude and behaviours of children and staff.
- Those children not in the Dinner hall will play on the playground / field in the warmer weather or the indoor classroom.
- Dinner Hall procedures: Children in KS1 and KS2 in rota order. This rota runs alongside timetables for clubs.
- All children are called from the playground in class groups by a midday supervisor.
- Children collect their lunch from the serving hatch and join those with packed lunches on the tables.
- Children will leave the dining hall as soon as they have finished their lunch and tidied their surrounding area.
- Midday supervisors will manage individual zoned areas of activities and record any behavioural incidences and accidents.
- Play worker will plan and organise activities for zoned areas.
- Wet lunchtimes and playtimes: Children will be in designated classrooms equipped with lunchtime activities.
- First Aid will be will be administrated from designated midday supervisors.
- Behavioural incidences will be recorded by Senior Midday and reported to Pastoral manager / Deputy Head / Head.