225 g (8 oz) Self Raising Flour
50 g (2 oz) margarine
25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
50 g (2 oz) currants/sultanas
1 medium egg, beaten with sufficient milk to make 150 ml (¼ pint) liquid
1. Heat oven to 220ºC, 425ºF, Gas Mark 7 and grease a baking tray.
2. Mix flour, and salt, rub in margarine and stir in sugar and fruit.
3. Add egg mixture and milk reserving a little for brushing the tops.
4. Knead lightly on a floured surface and roll out to 1 cm (½ inch) in thickness and cut into 6.5 cm (2½ inch) rounds.
5. Re-roll the trimmings and cut more rounds.Brush the tops with egg and milk and bake for about 10 minutes.